Farm Combined Insurance

Our farm combined insurance products can cater to the insurance needs of a smallholder/hobby farm with a couple of acres to a large farming enterprise with thousands of acres, and everything in-between.

The beauty of our farm products is that you decide what sections of cover you want to have in place and you can tailor the product specifically to your needs.  If you are unsure what cover you may need, or what cover is available, we are on hand to meet with you to discuss this in detail, however some of the key sections of cover are as follows.

Key Farm combined insurance covers

Whether a Grade II listed property or a modern renovation you can arrange your household buildings cover as part of your farm policy.  There is of course the option to include household contents cover and you can opt to extend the scope of cover to include accidental damage.  Cover can also be arranged for any personal possessions you may take out of the home, for example, pedal cycles, jewellery, sports equipment, guns, camera’s, etc.

Cover can be designed to meet the needs of the buildings you have on your property, where standard household property cover would not be a suitable equivalent cover.

This is a statutory requirement for any firm who have employees within their business; this could be full or part-time staff, casual labour, trainees or work placements.  As this is a statutory form of insurance cover, you will receive an Employers Liability certificate to display in an area on your business premises accessible to any employee who may wish to view it.

Our farm insurance providers now offer this cover with a standard indemnity limit of £10 million and include Environmental Impairment Liability with a £1 million indemnity limit aswell.  Crucial cover to help protect you against Third Party claims for property damage, injury, illness/disease or death

Business interruption insurance is universally regarded as complicated, but for rural businesses the reliance on weather, crops and livestock make it even more complex.

Standard insurance provides cover for damage to property and machinery, but it doesn’t cover the losses in income your business may suffer as a result of that damage. While the property damage is often expensive, the loss of income in the following months or even years can total a lot more.

This is where Business Interruption insurance can help. It is designed to maintain the turnover of a business during its indemnity period so it can eventually resume trading at a pre-loss level.  

Again, you can choose from a variety of perils to cover your livestock against but the most common are fatal injury whilst in transit, fatal injury whilst straying and theft/disappearance of livestock.  Any high value animals such as pedigree bulls or rams, can be specifically insured for All Risk Mortality and Loss of Use cover.

Click here for more information about this line of insurance

Our farm products can also cater towards diversification with the most common activities being agricultural contracting, renewables, property letting, B&B/Holiday Accommodation, Caravan/Campsites.

And if you need to claim…?

All claims are dealt with by specialist farm loss adjustors who deal with agricultural claims on a day-to-day basis.  We at Capstick’s Insurance are there with you every step of the way as well; from calling out to complete the claim form with you and preparing the supporting documentation, through to receiving your settlement cheque from the insurers. 

What to do next…

Talk to us about your insurance needs. We firmly believe we can support you to attain the right levels of cover at a fair price for the amount of risk you are willing to take.